I found a new batch of computer scams to be aware of. Without giving a thought today’s audience is not
prepared to deal with the hottest scams out there today.
Such scams are often aimed at the older population. Our senior generation needs to be aware in order to
protect themselves. I realize they may feel they know enough to protect themselves, or, “I’d never get fooled by
a scam like that” Believe me there are a lot of smart people getting caught off guard. It isn’t just for dummies.
Since these rip off artists have no justification, it’s going to take a war of savvy elderly folks. The first step is to
educate them. The second step is to raise their sense of awareness that not everyone is their friend, The key
factor that impacts everyone is” Don’t answer your phone. That may involve some life changes, but all these
scams begin with a phone call. The scammers simply wait for your answer Think about it for a minute. What’s a
missed phone to you? When did you last miss Bill Gate’s call?
- Police or fire department. How much will you be donating today?
- The Internal Revenue Service. You owe taxes or are in danger of a jail term
- The person who is a representative of your doctor.
Research proves these new capsules will stop your disease immediately.
4. The long-distance lover. Send money for a plane ticket and the magic will occur.
- The military man. A uniformed military represententive claims you are
entitled, as an ex-soldier, to benefits from a new Veterans Program.
- The Big-Winner. You have won the lottery. Just pay the taxes and so we can send your earnings.
- The Utility Company. We will cut your utilities if you don’t pay in twenty-four hours if you don’t pay the past-due amount immediately.
- The Bank Verifier. Announces a data problem with the checking account. Please verify this amount, so we can confirm things and fix the error.
- The Government clerk. Announces unclaimed property, in their home state. Simply pay this fee and we will release it to you.
- The Puppy Breeder. As a dog lover, you should know, we just got a litter of beautiful--------------puppies. Just $200 each.
- The Ticket Seller. As a major affiliate of a major network, we can get seats for your dream concert for a discount, if you act quickly.
- The Jury Duty Manager. A missed call informs person that they missed jury duty and they now must pay $400, or go to jail
Fraud is the fastest growing scam because many people believe they are immune to it The following scams are a few being played across America.
The Bottom line is to never accept a pitch or give out any information on the phone, in person, or over the internet. 85% of adults believe they can spot a fraud. However most failed to spot the liar, This is focused on the belief that frauds only happen to other people. It can not only happen to other people, it can happen to you.
Information was taken from an AARP magazine.